Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mediterranean Dinner Show

Despite having only about 2 hours around Crete (my GOD, when’s the next time I’ll go there?), I LOVE these impromptu shows. ..collaborating with absurdly talented people in the few dervishly stressful hours before a performance, not quite knowing if you or anyone knows what’s really going on, but trusting everyone around you to pull off some brand of high entertainment as though each moment of improvisation actually had a craftily choreographed purpose. It’s shows like these that make a performer perform…and an audience audi…or something like that.

Tonight’s backstage included four circular dining room booths separated from the audience by black curtains and an army of waiters. I’m learning to appreciate what people around the world consider a green room. I’m beginning to be prepared for anything.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home