Saturday, March 22, 2008

Missing Bangkok

I’m watching a Fred Astaire and Judy Garland movie. I should watch more of these old movies. There’s something about her eyebrows that are fantastic. I think eyebrows might have something more to do with beautiful eyes than the eyes themselves. I’ve confirmed this philosophy a few times in my life, and tonight Judy Garland has done it again.

All my friends are staying overnight in Bangkok and I’m stuck in my room sick with a cold or flu or something awful. I stayed home instead leading karaoke last night and then opted to skip out on what sounds like one of the coolest and most memorable adventures so far. I’ve been on some truly great excursions since January, but everytime I go out on my own with friends and no plans, it makes for the best memories. So, I’m bummed. The day was quite nice though, really…entertaining myself with a pile of the cheap DVDs I picked up in Hong Kong and ordering room service. I hate it, though, when the sun starts going down. It’s not until then that I feel like I’m missing out. The expectation of the night ahead, of a crop of memories I’m missing out on while filling my head with some silly movie I’m watching just to say I’ve watched it. If I could muster just enough energy to do something worthwhile, I could abandon my memory missing misfortunes and feel a bit better about my position.

Past all this, I also wanted to step foot in Bangkok so as to permanently change my answer to a silly childhood joke I always got caught in. Alas, the drive into the city takes 2 hours, and I don’t see it happening in the morn. Woa is me; weeping and nashing. I think I’ll order an ice cream.

Unmute.

Ah, Judy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home