Friday, March 7, 2008

Room Service Putt-Putt & the rest of Australia

3.3.08 Cairns, Australia
I got off the ship to make calls to home and research the possibility of taking a ship out to the Great Barrier Reef. Right about the time I got off the phone it began to rain, spoiling any chance of snorkeling the reefs. Shame.

3.6.08 Darwin, Australia
Darwin, much like Cairns, has wonderful phones. A late night and early sail-away gave me just enough time to get off the ship, call my sister, and buy some groceries.

A highlight, however, was the putt-putt course set up in the main lobby of the ship. This segment’s theme is the Olympic Games, and one of today’s events is obviously putt putt…truly an athlete’s domain. The games even came with a set of Olympic gold medalist hosts/lecturers (I forget their names...the guy invented some famous gymnist move and the girl was the first American to score a perfect 10...she also starred in the Broadway version of Peter Pan) I’m currently petitioning for them to add a waterskiing event to the schedule.

PUTT PUTT





...and my love affair with room service...on this night I ordered from the dining room, but my favorite night in includes vegetable spring rolls, greek salad and two glasses of milk. My 'room girl' is a cute Phillipino named Kenneth who calls me Mr. Justin. Whenever I call after 5pm she says "Usual, Mr Justin?" She knows me. Sometimes I order the tuna salad and she asks me if there's something wrong...



And now off to something completely different, I think…off to something I know not much of and to a new set of audiences…off to the orient…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home