Monday, February 25, 2008

Melborne, Australia

Melbourne is to Portland as Sydney is to Seattle. It’s the trendier, artsier big city in Australia. Shortly after pulling into Melbourne, a couple who used to be the dance duo onboard and now operates a successful dance studio (Paul and Sheryl of Dance 101) picked a group of us up to tour the hippest spots all around the city with them. They dropped us back off at the ship for a quick change only to return to the city for their 5-10pm salsa class taking place on the waterfront. Many cocktails and quasi-salsa-esque movements later…6 of us spent the rest of the night at club more appreciative of our convulsionary interpretations...





Really cool firedancer guy on the docks...




The next morning, I guided an excursion called "Ride Upon a Steam Train and Trip to famous pub". Sounds cool, no? Paul and Sheryl had a good laugh at my excitement about the tour. I was informed by my cool new friends that the "Puffing Billy", so it's called, is the local elementary school field trip location of choice...I did love 2nd grade. You could hang your feet out the side of the boxcar, which I thought was really neat...



I saw my first redwood...



...and my first electric guitar playing gingerbreadman on the side of the street...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home