Friday, February 22, 2008

Dreams about ex-girlfriends

I recently had a dream about an ex-girlfriend. There we were hovering near the top of a 50-story atrium at Gaylord Opryland negotiating terrible walkways not intended for use by people, when in one of her rebellious moments, I watched as she fell to her most certain death. The air left my lungs and I felt a disconnect at what I was witnessing. Luckily, she landed in a hot tub without a scratch. So typical of her. I woke up from the dream with a lingering fright that forced me to write it down. I love how my subconscious mind seems so much smarter than me. Every once and a while I’ll dream these terrific allegories that I can’t avoid dealing with. Like encrypted messages that are meant to teach me something about myself. I just wish I would learn to talk to me with less sybolism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home