Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Valencia, Spain

The crazy food I tried in Hong Kong was...crazy. I did not expect to be challenged in Spain. At a quaint restaurant in Valencia, I was confronted with a jello-y squid in full body form, which rejected my fork 4 times before penetrating its shimmering flesh. Wonderful bread and beer. Did not dig the full squid.


I love architecture, and Valencia has it. From bull-fighting arenas, to small condos I wish I could own, to wooden eateries, pirate ships and cathedrals. Beautiful cathedrals. Probably the most celebrated treasure in Valencia’s aptly named Valencia Cathedral is a gold and agate chalice known as the Santo Caliz, said to be the Holy Grail itself. In an effort to preserve REAL history like “Indiana Jones and the Search for [said] Holy Grail”, I’d like to think the Spanish got this one wrong.







Marylin and I climbed the 207 steps (and 166 feet) of the octagonal tower, for a spectacular view over the cathedral and the city.



Here's a video I took of the bell tower at the top of Valencia Cathedral. If you don’t think this is funny, I can’t help you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home